Travel Insurance from Swinburne to Northeastern

Travel Insurance from Swinburne to Northeastern

Headed overseas from Swinburne?
Both Swinburne and Northeastern have their own requirements, summarised below


  • Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
  • In case of death, repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
  • Expenses in the amount of $50,000 associated with the medical evacuation of the J Exchange Visitor to their home country
  • A deductible amount not to exceed $500 per accident or illness

It's possible to stack insurance, like this one for insatance claims to cover the J1 requirement, over at International Student Insurance

  • Ensure you check the relevant information for yourself *
    Northeastern provides a list of providers you can use.


  • Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses for no less than AUD$500,000

  • Loss of Deposits and Cancellation

  • Additional/Emergency expenses

  • Loss and Deprivation of Luggage

  • Personal Liability

  • Repatriation

  • Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance Help Line

  • Deductible excess does not exceed AUD$500 per claim

  • Ensure you check the relevant information yourself *

Swinburne Study Tours

Check if your short term study tour has included travel insurance, as this is frequently part of the program.

  • Seems that Fast Cover has the cheapest option
  • It's cheaper to do one whole year at a time rather than two split sections usually.
  • Most of the frequent traveller plans have maximum lengths of about 60-90 days, which is insufficient

Fast Cover and their PDS
Budget Direct Travel Insurance

  • Not financial advice. This catalogues an experience of mine, and does not necessarily apply to you. American's are really scared about even confirming when something meets the insurance requirements. I don't really know why. *